Check GZIP Compression
This online web tool will check to see if GZIP compression is enabled for your website. GZIP compression has the potential to save 50% to 80% bandwidth and will therefore significantly increase the websites loading speed. The GZIP files are compressed on the web server after which the visitors web browser will automatically unzip the files. This compressing and unzipping only takes a fraction of a second without the end user noticing.
How to Use?
The online GZIP compression checker is a great tool to let you know if a particular website has enabled GZIP or not.
- Enter your website into the text field above and click on 'Check Site'
- You will then be presented with the results of the analysis.
- If your site has GZIP enabled, the results will show you what the compressed and uncompressed file size is.
- If your site comes back with GZIP not enabled, we recommend that you enable it to make the site load faster.
- GZIP compression can save a site between 50% and 80% bandwidth.